This one-day boot camp is being facilitated by the Naturopathic Academy of Environmental Medicine (NAEM) to teach the basics of this rapidly changing new field and to introduce practitioners to best practices.
Saturday, September 9, 2017 | 8:00am – 6:00pm | Earlybird pricing of $197 expires 8/15
University Place Hotel & Conference Center | 310 SW Lincoln St, Portland, OR 97201
In this Bootcamp you’ll learn:
- How to properly identify a patient whose illness is environmentally induced: common signs, symptoms, and patterns.
- How to perform toxic metal testing that is accurate and actionable.
- Why avoidance is the first rule of Environmental Medicine and the surprising everyday exposures that you may be overlooking. Plus simple steps to help you reduce your patients’ exposures.
- How and where toxicants are stored in the body and how and when they are released and where they go next.*
- How your water supply is contributing to your toxic load and what to do about it.
- The surprising new research on sauna therapy.
- What you must know about NHANES in order to practice knowledgeably.
- Why and how you can educate people in the reproductive years to reduce the impact of the DOHD (Developmental Origins of Health and Disease)…to reduce the impact of toxic insults to fetal life and early infancy to prevent chronic disease in adulthood.
- Why an environmental history is foundational to the assessment of your patient’s current and future health.
This Bootcamp is for you if you are:
- New to Environmental Medicine and wish to incorporate this into your practice.
- An experienced practitioner who wants an update on the new standards for toxic metal testing.
- Want to avoid the pitfalls in metals testing and the unexplained territory in testing for everyday non-metal toxicant exposure.
*Onsite Registration Will Be Available*
Continuing Education Credits Approved for 7 General and .5 Pharmacy CE from California Naturopathic Doctors and 7.5 General CE from Oregon Board of Naturopathic Medical Education
Our Speaker Lineup:
Lyn Patrick, ND Up to Date Assessment & Diagnosis of Metal Toxicity
Doug Cutler, ND What is the CDC’s “Fourth National Report on Human Exposure to Environmental Chemicals” and Why is It important?
John Hibbs, ND Where Toxicants Hide: Kinetics of Storage and Elimination*
Tina Beaudoin, ND & Anne Marie Fine, ND Water: Fountain of Aging & Disease? The Why and How of Water Contamination and Filtration
John Hibbs, ND Gold Standard: Prescribing Exercise, Diet & Sauna to Significantly Reduce Body Burden
Anne Marie Fine, ND Personal Care Products and Body Burden: What Practitioners Need to Know
Bonnie Nedrow, ND First Things First: How to Use the Information from an Environmental Health History to Choose Testing and Treatment
Q&A Panel with Case Studies
*This alone is worth the price of admission as no one is talking about this!
8:00-9:00AM LYN PATRICK ND- Up to Date Assessment & Diagnosis of Metal Toxicity
9:00-10:00AM DOUG CUTLER ND- What Is the CDC’s Fourth National Report on Human Exposure to Environmental Chemicals” and Why Is It Important?
10:00- 10:30AM- COFFEE AND TEA BREAK WITH EXHIBITORS
10:30- 11:30AM JOHN HIBBS- Where Toxicants Hide: Kinetics of Storage and Elimination*
11:30- 12:15PM ANNE MARIE FINE ND- Personal Care Products and Body Burden: What Practitioners Need to Know
12:15-1:45PM LUNCH ON YOUR OWN
1:45-2:45PM BONNIE NEDROW ND- First Things First: How to Use the Information from an Environmental Health History to Choose Testing and Treatment
2:45-3:45PM JOHN HIBBS ND- Gold Standard: Prescribing Exercise, Diet & Sauna to Significantly Reduce Body Burden
3:45-4:15PM COFFEE AND TEA BREAK WITH EXHIBITORS AND BOOKSIGNING
4:15-5:15PM TINA BEAUDOIN ND/ANNE MARIE FINE ND- Water: Fountain of Aging & Disease? The Why and How of Water Contamination and Filtration
5:15-6:00PM PANEL- Q & A WITH PATIENT CASES