1.5 General CE and .5 Pharmacy CE from Oregon valid to November 11, 2018. *The live webinar has past, members can view the archived webinar by singing in.
Webinar Description: Dr. Marchese will present evidence linking BRCA and environmental factors such as hormone disrupting chemical, nutrition, lifestyles, hormones and herbs. Source of exposure, mechanism of action, and tips on avoidance will be discussed.
Participants will be able to:
- Describe the mechanism of action of endocrine disrupting chemicals
- Know the source of exposure of endocrine disrupting chemicals
- Know how to avoid endocrine disrupting chemicals and use alternatives
- Understand which SNPs are linked to BRCA
- Understand the link between hormones/herbs and BRCA
- Identify modifiable lifestyle factors related to BRCA
Speaker Bio: Dr. Marchese is the author of “8 Weeks to Women’s Wellness” Dr. Marchese graduated from Creighton University in 1990 as an Occupational Therapist and treated neurological and orthopedic patients for over 12 years. She received her doctorate in naturopathic medicine from the National College of Naturopathic Medicine in 2002. Dr. Marchese maintains private practice in Phoenix AZ and teaches Gynecology and Environmental Medicine at Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine. She was named in Phoenix Magazine’s Top Doctor Issue as one of the top naturopathic physicians in Phoenix. Dr. Marchese writes the environmental medicine column in The Townsend Letter and lectures on topics related to women’s health and environmental medicine throughout the U.S. and Canada. Dr. Marchese is past member of the AANP House of Delegates, past board member of the Naturopathic Academy of Environmental Medicine, past vice president of the Arizona Naturopathic Medical Association, past Vice President of the Council on Naturopathic Medical Education, and currently on the board of directors of the State of Arizona Naturopathic Physicians Medical Board.
- *CEUs for this webinar are 1.5 regular CEU and .5 pharmacy.